I met up with my sister again yesterday to sketch. We went to the same park (Wood's Park) that we went to on Friday since we both wanted to draw a few more things there. We both started with the sundial. The dial itself has been broken off & all I really wanted to draw was the base which has leaves around it. My drawing at the moment is a line drawing but I did get all the lines in! It is tough to see but here it is:
I darkened it slightly in Photoshop™ since it's so light. I may shade it in tonight since I took a photo of it.
I was tired of sitting on the ground drawing the sundial so I got up & wandered around. Actually, I first drew a yellow daisy with my ink pens. It was right in front of the sundial where I was sitting.
Then I got up & had to sit somewhere else. My back was not happy. Eventually, I saw this rose that I wanted to draw (there were lots of roses around) and thought of drawing it from where I was but it was a bit far away. Back to sitting on the ground (I had loaned my seat to my sister & was using my trail seat I use for hiking).
I used my woodless coloured pencils. Funny, I used three different mediums for the three different drawings I did. I'm surprised now that I didn't pull out my watercolours. These were all drawn from life, not from the photos.





No comments:
Post a Comment