Friday, August 12, 2011

have a seat

My sister & I went sketching today at Wood's Park in the SW. I never knew the name of the park where the longest Playground Zone in Calgary is situated. We were in the Gerry Shaw Garden drawing the benches & my sister drew some other things there too. Great morning to be out & also that way my drawing is done early! Yay!

A photo for reference:

I drew in graphite - as per usual. I had coloured pencils with me but I thought it made more sense to just draw black & white.

365-335

This drawing was done in my 11x14 sketchbook & I chose to scan it in rather than photographing it. Easier. The scan is not ideal but you get the gist of it.
These benches have a concrete 'cushion' as part of the seat of the bench. Kinda funny, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment