Tuesday, December 14, 2010

chair & a half

I decided to draw this candle holder I have so I took it out from where it normally rests. I basically put it right in front of me as I sat on the sofa & realized it would be too easy to draw just the candle holder & be done. Instead, I started drawing what was behind it (my chair & a half) to give it some sort of context even though it is never in the place I just put it. It, of course, evolved into what this drawing is now. A candle holder in a weird spot in my living room (if you've been to my place, you'll know this to be true). I even sketched in the Looney Tunes characters on the pillow.

Perspective turned out ok all around. Needs colour - as I keep saying when I do quick sketches. Is it all the beautiful art I saw in New York causing me to want colour?!?

365-92

No comments:

Post a Comment