Somehow I ended up with all this fruit. It is rare that I have as much as I currently do. I bought a small box of oranges ('tis the season) and picked up some ataulfo mangos for myself & a friend (easily the best mangos out there - yum yum). Due to this abundance of fruit (there are pears, apples & bananas in there too), I decided to actually put it in my ceramic fruit bowl. Looks great & proved to be an awesome subject (yay colour!). I was going to use watercolour but I knew I didn't have the drying time. I sketched it then added coloured pencil. I added the shading with both pencil & brown coloured pencil.
If I still have some fruit left in the bowl by the weekend, maybe I'll paint this too.
I could buy more fruit to replenish the bowl but do I really need this much sugar again? (never mind the chocolate that seems to appear in my house too - 'tis the season dammit) (:

No comments:
Post a Comment