Friday, December 10, 2010

Worry Dolls

I received these worry dolls years & years ago - I think I was a teenager (wow, I keep things for a long time!). Worry dolls are used to tell your worries to so you can sleep. I was told that if you are having trouble sleeping, you should open the container they rest in, tell them your worries & spill them out (onto a night table or the like) & they will work on your worries as you sleep so you don't have to.

worriers


Traditionally, I guess they're for children (& they are to go under your pillow) but I think if you can pass your worries to something else, go for it! They're quite cute & small. I seem to have 4 women & 2 men looking from how they're dressed.
I keep them beside my bed but don't use them. I sleep pretty soundly all around.

This first is a watercolour. I must admit that I can have little patience for watercolour at times (the fact that it must DRY before I continue). This ended up being more abstract than I first started out. The worry dolls are laying in front of the container. I staged my spill of dolls on my coffee table.

365-88

This next one really shows how small they are. Granted, my hand should be slightly larger but you get the drift.
I like drawing & having only the focal point in colour.

365-89

No comments:

Post a Comment