Friday, December 31, 2010

chess anyone?

I have had this Looney Tunes chess set since I was in my early twenties. I bought it from the Franklin Mint apparently in 1990 so that's likely when I started getting the pieces in the mail.

Each piece came with it's co-responding pawn every other month & had a small write up about the character sent. I love this chess set even though rarely play chess. I still have every piece & write up.

The white characters are the 'good guys' and the black are the 'bad guys'. I was going to draw the whole thing but that proved to be a bit much! I drew the back of the 'bad guys' instead. From left to right are: Henry Hawk (rook), Marvin Martian (knight), Wile E. Coyote (bishop), Elmer Fudd in drag (queen), Yosemite Sam (king), Sylvester (bishop), Foghorn Leghorn (knight), and Tasmanian Devil (rook). The pawn is the canon.

365-111

I will have to draw the 'good guys' eventually but not today. I was going to draw just one piece but ended up wanting to draw more of it.
I cannot scan in something this large so this is a photograph - which is why there are shadows on the paper. I only used the flash on the camera.

Here's a quick photo of the board from the angle I was sitting (more or less).

No comments:

Post a Comment