Monday, December 20, 2010

day 100

So here it is: day 100. I was thinking I should draw something significant but why is today any different from any other day?

Today I received a very generous gift from a supplier who I have yet to purchase from. It is a white log cake - the white cake is rolled with icing to make the log (I've not baked one before so is this how they're made?).
I looked at it initially & wondered who on earth am I to share this with (living alone & all). I mentioned this to my younger sister who said just grab a fork & go to town! This seemed unheard of at the time she said that (an hour ago). I don't eat gluten in my day to day life & this is made from white flour so there is definitely gluten in it. Since I was having a very heathy steak dinner tonight, thought I'd cut just a small piece off for dessert. As I was cutting, a small bit broke away & I just popped it in my mouth. YUM-MEE!!
So needless to say, the 'grab a fork & go to town' is likely exactly what will happen over the next few days. It is easily the best cake I have had in a very very long time. Not overly sweet & utterly delicious! Pop by for a piece before it's gone! (please?)

365-100

No comments:

Post a Comment