Friday, April 22, 2011

la banane

Why have I not drawn a banana yet? Weird. I typically have them in the house.

I had a seminar to go to last night so I needed to draw before I left & had just picked up some bananas at Community Natural Foods. I started with a line drawing but really had to shade it for it to look at all correct. I also sited it so the proportions were correct. I shaded it with graphite using only an HB lead. Basically this had the drawing be really 'liney' & I didn't love it so I grabbed my blending tool & that helped quite a bit. This tool likely had some conté remaining on it but that really doesn't matter. It added to the darkness needed. I really should use softer graphite when I draw but I almost always grab the same two (H & HB).

365-222

No comments:

Post a Comment