Thursday, April 21, 2011

sub

Last night was my second last drawing class. I have enjoyed it but I will be happy to have my Wednesday nights back. I have learned a few thing (like what we did last night) but for the most part, it was review - which is still great.

My instructor has left for Cuba so we had a substitute instructor last night & will again next week. She was quite good. Very encouraging & as students were doing the exercises, she would have us go over to look (if we chose to).
I would take a course from her in the future.

So what we used last night was actual liquid ink. In the past, I have labeled what medium I have used as ink but it was always ink felt pens. This time, we used a jar of liquid black ink with a brush and an old chop stick (provided). I tried the chop stick but didn't love it. More control than the brush yet it was like drawing with the end of your finger (too wide at times & very little control). We were allowed to use our ink felt pens too so I used the liquid ink & ink felt pens on this drawing. The ink felt pens I own are permanent so they don't bleed.
365-221a
The shadows & shading were done with ink watered down & applied with a brush.

This next one (last drawing of the night) was done strictly with the brush & ink (watered down & full strength).
365-221b

Since it's scanned in, it's tough to see the shadows. It turned out quite well. Very loose.

1 comment:

  1. I really like these two drawings! Well done!

    ReplyDelete