My homework assignment for last week's drawing class was to draw my non dominate hand 3 times holding 3 different objects. I draw hands often (since they seem to be 'handy'). I did draw my hand last week in class but in soft pastel. I opted to do these drawings in pencil (graphite) since it's easier for me & doesn't make a mess.
I used a larger sheet of cartridge paper & ended up with two drawings on this one sheet. I wanted to draw larger & it helped for sure.
I realize this drawing likely needs more dark tones.
The tip of the knife I was holding is cut off cuz I didn't want to pull out my camera to photograph this drawing - I wanted to post it!
All around, this does look like my hand. The fingers down the knife handle are a bit larger than reality but still okay.

No comments:
Post a Comment