Friday, April 29, 2011

touch of colour

So if you live in Calgary, AB you'll know that we've had snow for the past 2 mornings & it's pretty darned chilly out there. Quite a change from the 'roof down' weather we had last weekend & earlier this week!

I needed some flowers in my life so when I was at Costco yesterday, I bought some tulips. They're gorgeous! I got a 'baker's dozen' for some reason. I have them in 2 vases. I like when tulips fall over the sides of the vase they're in. I don't know why. This is just a comment, not how my tulips were in the vase.

Last night I used graphite to draw the tulips on the marker paper & today I used markers. The problem was that I drew the tulips last night & by the time I got to them today, they had straightened up. So, I was using the shading from today on yesterday's drawn tulips. I added the 'vase' last minute and I totally wish I hadn't. Seriously, as if tulips would stand up that straight in such a wide vase without more of them around.

365-229 230
The actual tulips turned out pretty well, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment