Sunday, May 1, 2011

fun!!

Mona Lisa had a sale this weekend. Of course, I had to go. My sister went on Friday (when the sale started) and a friend of mine & I went yesterday as soon as they opened. Granted, with what we bought, I don't think now that we needed to rush.

I picked up some basic things since everything was 30% off - new larger sketchbook, few graphite pencils since they're getting low, coloured art sticks which are coloured pencils without the wood and some willow charcoal. The last minute item I decided to get was an 8" Artist's Manikin. This manikin "is a useful tool for learning to draw the human figure". "The manikin is articulated, so it can imitate poses, actions and positions of the human body." I love it & I've only drawn it once. I could have just bought this one item & have been happy with going to Mona Lisa's sale!
365-231

He kinda looks like he's floating in mid air since he is actually on a base with a rod up his butt. No shadows really showing up on the surface he was sitting on.

This is not where he was sitting
when I drew him.

I'm trying to do a week of colour since I was doing so much black & white in the past while. This would include photography if I choose to do that as well.

1 comment:

  1. Those last minute purchases are always the best ones! Any name yet? Like the color!

    ReplyDelete