Saturday, May 7, 2011

colouring collaboration

Thursday was a friend of mine's birthday. We (a group of us) typically go out for something to celebrate whether that be drinks, dinner or an activity of some sort. Since it was Friday the next day, we went for drinks at Ric's Grill. We generally get there pretty early in the evening & I generally leave early since I get up so early in the morning.
Last night a couple brought their 2 year old daughter so Ric's staff gave her an activity book & crayons. She didn't do much with it aside from scribble on the last page. Once they left, one girlfriend started colouring the "Color Me!" page in the book but then left it aside. I picked it up & ended up colouring most of it when another girlfriend said "that can't be your drawing for today" and after some joking around, I reminded her that it's MY rules so I can do whatever I wanted to do. (: I then passed it around the table so everyone else could add to it too. The birthday boy added the sun in the upper left corner cuz he had to draw outside the box. The other fellow there added the face to the burger and my other girlfriend just coloured part of the burger ingredients. All around it was fun. I finished it to what it is now & by the time I left there, I had a terrible stomach ache so I decided that yes indeed, this is my drawing for day 237. Seems like a bit of a cheat but I likely spent more time colouring than I do on some of my sketches. I also did the colouring left handed.


Two of us also did the word search which we found challenging! We couldn't imagine a 10 year old being patient enough to finish it without getting frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment