Elephant figurines with their trunk up are supposed to be good luck if they are gifted to you (or steal them??). I was told this at the little shop we were at in Playa del Carmen. The fellow there gave us two elephants each which are made of some sort of stone. I really thought he also said you can steal them (you cannot purchase them for yourself). Why on earth would you steal them? Steal a good luck charm. Seems wrong. (:
In any case, I had the initial two that were given to me by the one fellow & then the owner of the shop ended up giving us a small bag each of elephants (7 in the bag) and they gradually go down in size. You are to face 4 to your front door & 3 to the rear. I haven't taken those ones out of the bag yet but did take out the two small ones & have them facing my front window on my coffee table. They're quite small & cute.
I drew them in my incredibly small sketchbook since they are incredibly small.

No comments:
Post a Comment