Wednesday, May 25, 2011

cenote

I booked my dives for Thursday since I was busy doing other things and when I woke up, there was a crazy wind so after some waiting around & closures, we had to dive in a cenote. I am not at all qualified to dive in a cenote since there is an overhead - basically cave diving. I wasn't all that sure about it when they suggested it & now that I've done one & was frustrated with buoyancy, I am in no hurry to ever do another one. It was fresh water so they took too much weight off of my belt & I had trouble staying down! Plus, you are supposed to use your lungs only when in fresh water (or perhaps she meant in a shallow dive?? Who knows. Not the best dive I've ever done (and I have not done many) but at least I did a dive. Good little refresher - not that I really needed a refresher, just good to have a dive logged in my book. Not tasting salt water was a plus, no question.
Needless to say, my photos were not ideal. I need to either use the diffuser that comes with the underwater housing or buy an external flash. External likely best.
365-250 cenote
365-250 cenote2
Not that many fishies in fresh water. I knew that - even though they said otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment