Thursday, May 5, 2011

monkeys

This morning I broke my alarm clock. It fell on the hardwood floor. ):
I have had that alarm clock for likely 10 years. I was so distracted about the alarm clock breaking, I didn't do much today except look for another one to replace it. Funny thing, Ikea doesn't keep things in production for 10 years. Sad.
Of course, I tried to fix it (as if I can fix a clock) before I brought it to a clock repair place. I confessed to taking it apart & he said that's normal, we're all monkeys trying to figure things out. Noted.

Last night I really had a tough time determining what to draw. Nothing was inspiring me. Eventually I saw my (not sure if it's called this) essential oil burner. I have considered drawing it before but never have. Yesterday, I only drew it - line drawing. Today I put in the shadows & shades. I like it. I also like that I did not site it & it does look quite accurate. Cool. I guess one good thing after a sad day. I still have no analog clock replacement for the morning. Maybe I can will myself to wake. Good luck!
365-235 236

No comments:

Post a Comment