Sunday, February 20, 2011

chaise

Last night I pulled out this drawing board I purchased on Thursday. It's basically a large MDF thin board with a handle to carry it around with & has 2 large clips on it as well as an elastic. This allows more of a surface to draw on - like a portable table essentially.

As I have mentioned, I often draw in these incredible small sketchbooks which can be frustrating for many reasons - yet I still use them. The main one for me is that I run out of room. The other is that when I'm near the bottom of the sheet, I have nothing to rest my hand on since I'm often sketching on my lap or standing up somewhere. Another issue that comes up is using loose sheets of sketch paper & I don't really have a surface to draw on other than a sketch book - which isn't very firm. All and all, for $10, I thought this would be a good purchase & I was right! It will also be great in the summer when we sketch outside ...can't wait for that.

I started this drawing last night - I completed the entire layout & line drawing. I could have left it at that but this morning I decided to shade it in since I left my dining chair in the same place before I went to bed. I'm glad I shaded it.

365-161 162 001
So this is a 2 day drawing & I'm still going sketching this afternoon with my sister which means I'll have more than one drawing for today - does this give me a days grace for the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment