Sunday, February 20, 2011

images

As I have mentioned, I have some trouble getting the photos of my art accurate. Typically they are grey rather than white. How to fix this? I don't really know. A friend of mine (who is a photographer) says basically that they're underexposed. Fair enough. I'm using a flash & unless I point the damned flash right at the image, they're greyed out. Sucks.
Today, I decided to try to use my ring flash instead of my 580 as a slave.
365.158 159 160
There is no question it's better. It's brighter & the white looks whiter but it's still greyish. I'll keep playing around with it but for now, this is 'less bad' as another friend would say. (:

Here is another image of a drawing I did last year sometime - or was it 2009? I didn't date it. It was done with soft pastels & I hadn't put a fixative on it so I have (sadly) smudged it slightly.
teresa & fred
This is a drawing of my niece & their former pet Fred. I was copying a photograph & always liked how this drawing turned out. She had Fred on her shoulder & was reaching over to him. She was wearing a dark colour so both Fred & her hand appeared to be more or less floating (or at least that's how I drew it). I'm using my macro lens & it's a 100mm & I can only get back so far from the art to take the shot. If I move off to the side, it obviously distorts the art. Hence the reason it's cut off. Yes, I realize I can move everything to another room but I didn't bother. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment