Most people who like wine like red - or even only red. I find it interesting that most who only drink red don't even try white wine. On the other hand, some people only drink white. Why why why? Both are excellent if you really start trying some decent wine (sorry, no 4 buck Chuck in this neck of the woods).
Last night I had some left over white wine from Ganton & Larsen Prospect Winery called Ogopogo's Lair & it's a Pinot Grigio. The Winery is in the Okanagan Valley in BC. I first discovered this on a weekend trip to Gibsons, BC from Vancouver last year. We had it at the historic Gibsons Landing pub. Gibsons is where the Beachcomers was filmed back in the day (goodness, when was that?!).
In any case, if you are drinking both red & white, you start with white. It's lighter & has less tannins in it. Yesterday, I had a small glass of the above fore mentioned white & then a small glass of red (which has no history to me). I used two glasses (one white wine glass & one red wine glass) so I drew them both together.
The red wine glass turned out better since I keep using this incredibly small sketch book & I had to squish the white wine glass into the spine of the book.
If interested in purchasing this white wine, it is available at the Costco liquor store in NW Calgary. You don't need a membership to buy at the liquor store.

No comments:
Post a Comment