Sunday, February 13, 2011

drinking vessels

The past few days I have been drawing late - why change what I seemed to have made a habit? Due to this, I have been doing ink drawings. They seem to be quicker in some ways (I shade them less) and if I do a contour drawing, it certainly is faster due to they way they're done.

This first one is more or less a contour drawing (I did lift my pen though):

This is a water bottle I purchased at MEC. It's a Thermos brand & it's insulated - which is fantastic for any time of year!

Last night I had a girlfriend over for din & to watch a movie. We had some red wine (left over from the other day) and since she could not reach the other glasses, I said just to grab these ones. These are more of a bordeaux glass - we were drinking a zinfandel. It ultimately doesn't matter to me as long as it's a larger glass.
I drew it twice. First with my right hand then with my left. The shape of the one done with my left hand is a bit more accurate. The glass is more of a bowl shape.

right hand
left hand


Still using the really small sketch book. I've heard it's better to go BIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment