Monday, February 28, 2011

mostly heads to no head

As I mentioned in my last post, Saturday I attended a figure class. Well, it's not really a class as it's an open studio to do figure drawing. When I signed up for my Wednesday class, I had no idea that this Saturday figure studio was also included (it's on for 6 weeks of my 12 week class). It's wonderful. I have not taken an actual figure class with instruction so I'm doing the best I can. Practice certainly helps!! My sister is taking a course too so she & I will meet there each Saturday for the next 5 weeks. She has taken figure drawing courses so she's more advanced when it comes to the nude figure.
365-168a 001
This was done after some quick gesture drawings (quick sketches to warm you up). I did not write down how long this was - maybe 5 - 10 minutes.
365-168b
I started focusing on one body part after awhile & generally picked his head.
365-168c 001
365-168d 001
I had only taken newsprint with me so the background of these is pretty accurate (plus I did scan them in instead of photographing them).

365-168eThis one was one of my favourite ones and was done near the end of the studio time. It was to be a 20 minute drawing but I finished it faster since it was all lines & more abstract. This one is photographed since it's larger. He is decapitated only because I ran out of room on my sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment