I started this drawing yesterday. I basically drew the layout & went to bed. I was quite happy with the shape of the glass (circles and all). I did measure it out properly so that's likely why it actually looks proper.
This is some basil I bought a few weeks ago which is clearly dead. The reason it's in a glass is because when I bought it, I noticed that it had a 'root ball' on it & thought I could plant it. I had it in the fridge before I notice a note saying "DO NOT REFRIGERATE BASIL" ...oops, so out it came. Then it promptly died. Grrr... I watered it but no luck. I kept it to use the dried leaves & to draw it. So here it is:

Seeing it now, I should have scanned it so it looks straight. It must have moved in the scanner. I'm not doing it again since I have already turned the PC - which is connected to the scanner - off.
I noticed as I was drawing in the shadow that it looks like an angel with one wing chopped off. Funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment