Wednesday, February 9, 2011

day one five zero

I cannot believe I'm already 150 days into this creative journey. Time certain flies by in life & I am truly enjoying this project I have given myself. Life brings to you what you focus on - whether you like it or not. The drawings I do everyday (& sometimes photography) really allow me to relax & notice what's in my surroundings which I "see" everyday.

I know that most times I am rushing through a drawing just to ensure I draw that day. I often think that this isn't the best way to do this project but perhaps, it's what I'm meant to do. Learn to draw quickly. I do take more time on some creations; it really depends on what else is going on in my life. It is never a chore; it's just a commitment I've made with myself that I feel is important for my own growth somehow. It's great.

The one thing I see the most every single day of my life is me. I may not see my face in a mirror but I will see my hands, feet, shoulder, fingers, arms, hair, legs, etc. So I decided to draw myself again on this day 150. I was out again & home after 9p so it is still a quick sketch. I'm okay with that. My goal is to eventually have a self portrait that actually looks like me at the end of this journey.

My eyes are HUGE & my nose is too short. It's okay, I'm learning as go.

I am taking a drawing class starting tonight. I am looking forward to some instruction since I haven't had some for years!! The posts for Wednesdays will now be whatever I do in class. I'll have 2.5 hours so hopefully there'll be some good stuff come out of it. What am I saying? Of course there will!

No comments:

Post a Comment