I must be desperate to find something to draw when I draw coins. I saw a scan of the 'heads' side of a Canadian nickel on a site I visited earlier tonight which made me think of drawing coins. I did all the 'tails' sides since they're all different & more interesting.
The loonie is smaller than the actual, the 2 dollar coin is larger & the penny is pretty close in size. I did not trace any of them so that's why the shapes aren't exactly round. The loonie has 11 sides - which I did not know until I counted them tonight. Both the penny and the 2 dollar coin are currently circular.
The penny was a 12 sided coin from 1982 to 1996. I did not find that information online, even though I looked. I actually dug through my coins & found the dates of the edged pennies & circular pennies. I did count the edges of the penny too.
Apparently, the 2 dollar coin had occasional problems the year they were introduced (1996) when some of them had the centres pop out if they became frozen or were struck too hard. Maybe try freezing a 1996 2 dollar coin & see if you can separate it!
I like to keep this blog informative as well as creative!
The shadows were different. There must have been a kind of reflection in the shadowed area since some of where I would have thought a shadow should be, it was light.

No comments:
Post a Comment