As I looked around for something to draw, I noticed this candle I have. It sits on a shelf in my office that's higher than my head & thought that that angle would be great to draw. In the end, I noticed how dusty it was so I took it down, dusted it off, placed it on top of some books on my coffee table & drew it from there as I sat on the floor instead of the sofa. Needless to say, I had to eventually sit on a pillow. Hardwood is not that comfy!
I took the time to map it out more than I normally do so the proportions are quite good. The nose looks pretty good too. Maybe I should do a week of faces...?
I wonder if the person who gave it to me expected me to burn it. I just couldn't do it & still can't. I realize it's a mass produced piece but I really like it & why wreck it? Perhaps burning it would add to it's uniqueness...? I'm not taking that chance.

No comments:
Post a Comment