Thursday, January 27, 2011

I had to!

Today is January 27, 2011 & it was +13˚C in Calgary, AB Canada. I need to stress where I live!

I drive a Mercedes Benz CLK350 which I call Bennie. Jeeves is his servant in the car who passes the seat belt to you when you close the door. I have wanted a Benz for a number of years & finally bought this one in the summer of 2009. I remember being at OJ's in Kensington one warm summer afternoon when I first moved to Calgary (so around 8+ years ago) & watched a lady get into her SLK - hard top convertible - & loved how the roof was totally hidden in the trunk, well the production of how it got there too. The whole thing made me want a car like that. So I'm quite close with what I have now. Next car needs to have a hard-top instead of soft-top - oh, & all wheel drive would be ideal too & a heated searing wheel (miss that from my Nissan)!

Yesterday I was driving down Shaganappi Trail NW & a Mustang drove by me with it's roof down. I finally followed suit today after thinking about it for a few days! I left my house (roof up), did a quick wash of my car & headed to my lunch meeting letting the car dry. Once I left there, it was at the heat of the day (2p) and it was time to put the roof down! It was funny initially. I was leaving the parking lot in Willow Park SW & felt like everyone was watching me! So silly. As though someone was going to come up to me & tell me I had to put the roof back up. Hey wait a minute, it's my car! Funny, it's all about looking good in life (for all of us!). I almost felt nervous.
I got over it pretty fast. I drove to my next task & the car was filthy by the time I got there - which is where I took the photos. Too bad! The roads are extremely wet - which is why it took me so long to decide to go 'top down' in January. I drove primarily with the windows up (it is warmer) mostly to ensure I did stayed dry in the car.


Here is my proof. These photos are NOT great; I took them with my iPhone 3GS. I took the second shot with the snow in the background. Seemed fitting.

So first day in 2011 with top down - January 27! How cool is that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment