Sunday, January 2, 2011

raku fish

I believe it was my sister who bought me this raku ceramic fish that hangs on my wall. If not, I bought it when I was with her in Edmonton on a visit many moons ago.

This fish hangs on my wall at the bottom of the stairs to my lower level. It used to hang in my bathroom - when I had a larger one - since it kinda goes with the shower curtain I (still) have.

Watercolour seemed to be the most logical way to portray this. I realize it is already art but it is beautifully done (by someone else). Perhaps it's easier to draw something that is already art? No idea. It is 3 dimensional so it still has it's challenges.

365-113

I like the colours of the body of the fish. Looks quite close to the real piece. The fins are a bit off though. I don't have any metallic paint so the raku glaze isn't really showing properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment