Tonight was a marker night again. I really find them fun to use but they are quite non-forgiving. One line in the wrong place & you have to make it work...somehow.
I did two self portraits tonight. I hadn't thought of drawing from a magazine now that I think of it; maybe another time.
The first one I did was this purple one. I went monochromatic since the blue eyes stood out too much last time I used markers.

The eyes are closer together as they should be but the mouth is too dark - like I'm wearing really dark lipstick (which I occasionally do but I wasn't here). What else...? The eye on the left is a wee bit droopy just as the mouth is on the right side. I didn't switch back to lighter markers sometimes when I really should have. Hence my comment on - if you make a line, make it work!
I did a second dwg since I wasn't thrilled with my first. I realize I could have just stayed with one but since I was already sitting there...

I did this differently. I looked at myself in the mirror and held the pad of paper on my chest & drew on the paper while watching in the mirror. Weird! It's almost like drawing left handed but worse! Very awkward! I didn't do the entire drawing that way but the initial basic shape, eyes, hair, neck, etc. were. I went back to the mirror drawing method occasionally but it was odd, no question. I thought by drawing that way, I would get a more accurate placement of my eyes, nose & mouth but the mouth is too wide even still.
No comments:
Post a Comment