Thursday, January 20, 2011

enter Diana F+

I finally used my Diana yesterday. I loaded some black & white film & took some photos.

I had my 7D with me too since I went to that farm house again. I wanted to take more shots of the faucet - which I have not uploaded yet. Let me say this about the digital SLR camera for just a moment: I 'get' the depth of field button, finally. I always understood what it was for but never could see it really show me what was in the depth of field until yesterday. Yay!

Ok, back to the Diana. I did not finish the roll of film & while using the Diana, I kept forgetting if I had advanced the film. Amazing what you forget to do when you stop using a film SLR or everything is not automated! So I'm certain there will be some interesting double exposures which I did not intend to take AND perhaps an empty frame where I advanced the film but photographed nothing.

The photos are clearly not developed yet so I decided to draw the camera & a couple lenses since I purchased the deluxe kit. I started yesterday with the line drawing (on marker paper) but didn't finish it - trying to take more time to draw. I finished the drawing today & added colour with marker also. I really enjoy using markers even though I have little to no control with them.

365-130

The spherical item on the top of the camera is the viewfinder for the fisheye lens. There is an attachment so you can use this viewfinder.

365-131
The markers really do stink though.

No comments:

Post a Comment