Thursday, January 6, 2011

¿qué hora es?

My favourite painting by Salvador Dalí is The Persistence of Memory. I had (or may still have) a print of it from Ikea. I still have not seen the real piece. It was supposed to be at MoMA in New York but I believe it was on loan to another gallery when I was there last month. Sad.

Someone bought me this Dalí clock many years ago. I had looked at it many times when I lived in Winnipeg & had always admired it but never did buy it myself. I actually received the gift when I was living in Edmonton. Thankfully the store still sold it. I have no idea if it is still sold today.

It sits at the top of my stairs & I can see it from my sofa. It was odd when I had the flooring changed in my condo & I had to take it down for over a week. I am so accustomed to looking at it for the time when I'm in the living room.

365-116


This drawing of the clock is a bit longer than the actual clock. Either way, it's a fun piece to own & I thank the person who gave it to me even now. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment