I will admit that I saw this photograph in a book I have out from the library & copied it (more or less). I want to also take this type of photo so I will be trying this with photography once I get a softbox (or make one). I may head to The Camera Store this week to ask about softboxes & what I can do with them aside from this type of image. I wonder if softboxes collapse for storage somehow; they must.
I dug out the oil pastels yesterday & found the colour is great but the accuracy is poor - likely due to basically drawing with the end of your finger. I really wanted to do this with paint but I couldn't remember the colours that produce a proper black (I don't have black remember?). I still need to purchase another colour but am trying to not buy black at this point.
This scan is a bit blurry on the left side - I must not have held the sketch book down hard enough to the scanner. Mind you, all this does is make it look as though my depth of field is shallow - which is ok!
I'm happy with this drawing & look forward to painting this image & photographing in this way. May use the Diana F+ too!

No comments:
Post a Comment