For my Wednesday class we had two things to do for homework. Origami was the first one which I completed last night & the other was to do a two point perspective of a dining chair. I know he wanted the object to be quite square but I do not have square/rectangular dining chairs (I drew my chair last week). I was thinking of drawing my coffee table cuz it is actually square but no matter where I sat, I would have been doing a one point perspective, not a two point. So in lieu of moving my furniture around, I drew my sofa which is not exactly square.
Now, as mentioned, being an interior designer, I end up doing perspectives a fair amount & generally they are quite rigid & 'by the book' so to speak. This whole 'creating every day for a year' was imposed by me (at least in part) for me to loosen up! I want to learn to draw quicker & while doing that, still be accurate. In other words, I didn't exactly follow the rules of 2 point perspective to do this drawing but it kinda looks like I did. Granted, it looks like I was sitting higher than I actually was. Basically like I'm on the ceiling or at least standing instead of sitting on a chair. :)
So, in the end, I had the rules in mind but did not carry any lines to any exact vanishing points. C'est la vie! It is as it is.

No comments:
Post a Comment