Sunday, March 20, 2011

yet another still life

At my class on Wednesday, we were taught basically how to draw from life (more that just siting). We were to use the envelope technique, axis & he taught us how to draw an ellipse. I know how to draw an ellipse but I hadn't drawn using the envelope technique - this is used to determine the size of your drawing when drawing a still life as well as finding where the exterior points are by siting. Using the axis basically finds the mid axis of each item in the still life. So there's the quick lesson - do you get it?

Anyway, here is the still life. I did not finish it in class so I did the tree at home & added more shading in general. This is a two day drawing due to this.
365-186 188

I had drawn this with graphite then darkened everything with black conté. We are still doing black & white next class but then colour! Finally. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment