Tuesday, March 8, 2011

column

So I have this new book. It's called "The Natural Way to Draw" by Kimon Nicholaides. I've only just started it. Basically you follow along and teach yourself to draw - from what I can gather. You are supposed to read what he says then do the drawing times as instructed. Crazy in some ways cuz I'm supposed to draw for 3 hours at a time -which is the crazy part. Ultimately, 30 minutes doing one thing 6 times or however it's scheduled.

Yesterday, I tried to do a 30 minute contour drawing and failed. I did the drawing for only 18 minutes and ended with this:

It was to be a blind contour drawing but that didn't work out. I looked lots in the beginning & tried not to near the end which is why it looks so funny at the bottom of the page. I did run out of room as well - maybe that's why I lasted only 18 minutes. I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment