On Wednesday we started this 'Cubism' style drawing. I will admit that I did not love it when I was doing it in the class. He said to be open minded & just do as instructed & we may be surprised. I still wasn't loving it when I left & we had to finish it for this coming Wednesday. Great.
Last night I finished it and it's ok. Yes, just ok. Better than when I left class so that's good. Now, I need to keep in mind why I'm taking this class to begin with - try new stuff! Basically, I have to 'try it on' so to speak or I may as well have just kept on going on my own.
We had a still life he set up & we drew it from around 8 different seats in all different perspectives & proportions. We then added newsprint with glue in some shapes (I didn't have my scissors so I ripped the shapes) and finally we used conte & charcoal to give the shading like we did last week for our abstract. Oh, by the way, he used my abstract as an example as to what the purpose was for this project. Funny, when he was talking about what we were doing for this 'cubism' art piece, I realized that's what I did with the abstract assignment.
My favourite part of this is the bottle in the centre which overlaps quite a few items. That was the whole point of this assignment - the overlap.

No comments:
Post a Comment