Monday, March 14, 2011

quit when ahead

I attended the free figure studio session again this past Saturday. We had the same model as last week & as mentioned, she's really good.

The lady in charge (I think she's in charge somehow) was asking if we wanted longer poses & only a few of us said no & everyone else said nothing but in the end (the last pose) she still did a longer pose (50 minutes!). Can you imagine sitting still for 50 minutes? The poor gal posing for us. Anyway, I left 25 minutes early cuz really, how many times do I want to draw this gal laying down - what other pose could you hold for nearly an hour anyway? I will bring it up next week but ultimately, our model cannot be expected to hold her arms up or in a odd position for over 30 minutes so having her stay in a pose for 50 minutes makes no sense to me - my sister agrees (she didn't attend this past Saturday but I did mentioned it to her in case I was off in my thinking. I'd rather have the model change more often in order to be able to draw different perspectives & angles.

In any case, I am happy with these few of my drawings from Saturday:
365-182a
1 minute gestures - conte
on newsprint
365-182b
20 minutes - black conte
365-182c
20 minutes - black conte

My last drawing, she was laying down again similar to the last one above, & I used pinkish soft pastel with black conte. Her head was too small so I am not including it here. I was really enjoying using conte on Saturday - much less messy than charcoal!

No comments:

Post a Comment