Wednesday, March 23, 2011

cuz I have nothing else to do...

Yesterday I started a baby blanket for a friend of mine who is having her first baby. I bought all the yarn yesterday as well & decided to get rolling on it straight away since she's due at the end of April (yikes!). The pattern I initially chose basically pissed me off. I did only 2 rows yet it took hours and it didn't line up with the pattern in the book plus, it was nearly impossible to count stitches. I was up early this morning & ripped out the second row I did in hopes I could rectify my error (I had one too many 'puffs' in the row) but no luck so I ripped the whole thing out & looked for something else to make. *sigh*
This pattern I have chosen now is great. It's easy & fast to do. I'm using the same yarn so all is good. Yay!

365-192

Funny thing is that this little book is supposedly for a beginner crocheter. I have been crocheting for decades & yet the first pattern was annoying & quite difficult even for a veteran crocheter.

This blanket has started in my 365 journey so occasionally, like yesterday, it will count as what I am creating for the day. I doubt I will be using it as my creation every day I work on it since that would be basically all month until it's complete. Seems a bit boring for anyone following my blog!

Also, I finally used my umbrella stand with my flash today to take this photo. I have a question for my friend the photographer about one thing that seemed odd in the set up. Otherwise, everything worked well. I even used my 70-200 2.8 L IS II lens to shoot this photo. I had to be far enough away from the subject to have my camera trigger my flash - that comment has something to do with the question I have for my photographer friend. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment