My homework for my class was to do a line drawing, with an ink felt pen, of a reflective surface that would reflect me in the object. Since I really don't have many reflective things in my house, I used my whale tail (#1714) since it has a larger surface than my toilet paper holder & my faucet. I was in the mood to draw left handed & apparently it was the right choice since this turned out quite well. I felt I had quite a bit of control left handed which shows since the lines aren't overly jagged or shaky.
It's tough to make out where I am in this reflection. I showed up on both sides of the whale tail since it has a curved surface. You can see a half moon type shape on the left side which is my head - the other half blended in with the darker background so that's why it's only half my face. My hands & arms are the long flatter shapes near the lower part of the fin portion of the tail. My right hand was fairly close to the right side of the tail so it appears quite long & linear with the rectangular shape above as my arm. Interesting project. I may do it again right handed and use my toilet paper holder. (:

No comments:
Post a Comment